Special Senses Powerpoint
Nervous Sheep Brain Dissection Labels
- Neuron anatomy diagram 1 + summary & questions 2 (3 total)
- How does Novocaine work notes questions & summary- 2
- Stop motion storyboard- 2
- Action potential bean modeling- 2
- Divisions & functions of the nervous system questions & summary- 2
- Compare and contrast CNS (completed with the substitute)- 3 stamps
- Anatomy structures of the brain questions & summary- 2 stamps
- Prime Times: 5
Nervous System Powerpoint
Brain Anatomy Labeling, Friday 4/20
Label your brain with the following terms, color the area, & draw a picture next to it to show function.
- Frontal Lobe
- Temporal Lobe
- Parietal Lobe
- Occipital Lobe
- Broca’s Area
- Somatic Sensory Area or cortex
- Primary Motor Cortex
- Primary visual cortex
- Primary auditory cortex
- Olfactory cortex
- Gustatory cortex
- Prefrontal cortex
- Premotor Cortex
- Longitudinal fissure (only label!!)
Stop Motion Project- 4/9
- Action potential
- Sodium Channel
- Potassium Channel
- Membrane potential
- Nodes of Ranvier- extension word
- All-or-none phenomenon- extension word
- Absolute Refractory Period
- Unmyelinated fibers (related to action potentials)
- Myelinated fibers (related to action potentials)- extension word
- Axon terminal
- Synaptic cleft (pre & post synaptic cleft)
- Choose one neurotransmitter and include its role: acetylcholine, dopamine, norepinephrine, epinephrine, serotonin,endorphins extension word
Stop Motion Make Up Assignment
Video Homework Due 4/6
1. How is information passed to your muscle when you touch something hot?
2. What is an electrochemical gradient? How is it established a neuron?
3. What is depolarization and where does it travel?
4. How does a neuron "refire" a signal?
5. What happens at the synapse when an action potential reaches it?